The TSS incorporates an innovative three-barrel system compared to traditional inner/outer barrel systems.
The Thin Sleeve System (TSS) forms the basis of both our conventional and advanced core barrel systems. The TSS incorporates an innovative three-barrel system compared to traditional inner/outer barrel systems. TSS eliminates thermal expansion issues, improves core quality through ease of handling, and provides a platform to enhance wellsite processes and core analysis. The TSS includes two components, a threaded steel jacket and a disposable liner in which the core is housed. The presence of two independent tubes allows the disconnection process to take place without transmitting the torque to the core, therefore without inducing any rotation core damage.
The liners are made of aluminium or fiberglass and can be upgraded for enhanced coring services. The liners ease the core entry due to lower friction compared to conventional steel inner barrels. Each material offers the best compromise between structural integrity, temperature rating, friction coefficients, and cost. Reservoir Group provides the following liner options which are further described below:
- Half-Moon Liners for core visualization
- On-Ice Half-Moon Liners for reduced jamming and core visualization
- Aluminum Liners
- Fiberglass Liners
- Conventional and Advanced coring applications
- Instance access to the core once recovered on surface at rigsite
- Jam Mitigation through use of On-Ice Technology
- Faster rates of penetration with less incidence of core jamming
- Modular system approach allowing greater flexible in coring assembly length
- Increased Reliability and Improved core quality
- Transfer of power through core barrel to core head without losses due to buckling
- Stabilization options available at 20 ft. intervals, improves hole gauge and concentricity
- More traditional 30 ft. core barrel sections available