Quick Core 76™ is a slim hole wire line coring system. Utilizing common drill pipe allows the system to be used on any type of drilling rig. The system specializes in unconsolidated formations utilizing a disposable inner tube that houses the core.
Quick Core 76™ Slim hole Wireline coring system
As projects grow there was a need to develop a better slim hole coring system. Historically, core size was small in available systems and core length was kept short due to equipment restrictions. The need to develop a system that could cut longer cores and achieve a larger core size in slim hole applications was needed. The result was tools capable of cutting a 76mm (3") core in 9m (30ft) lengths in slim hole well designs. The system uses a consumable aluminium inner barrel that is cut and capped on surface. This barrel acts as a container from the core and leaves it in an undisturbed state until it arrives at the lab for analysis.
Quick Core 76™ is a slim hole wire line coring system. Utilizing common drill pipe allows the system to be used on any type of drilling rig. The system specializes in unconsolidated formations utilizing a disposable inner tube that houses the core. The Quick Core 76™ is equipped with a drill ahead feature capable of drilling out casing shoes, between core points, or to TD the well all without tripping the drill string.
- Utilises the QC 5⅛ core barrel platform in modular 30 ft. sections equipped heavy duty thread connections
- Disposable Aluminum inner barrels
- Utilises a dual catcher system comprised of a spring and finger basket for aided recovery
- The Quick Lead Setter (QLS) allows fast and accurate lead setting for reduced fluid invasion and rig time
- Slim hole wells where larger core size is necessary for proper evaluation
- Formations requiring horizontal recovery
- Containerised formations
- Long core intervals
- Developed to deliver larger 3” (76mm) core in 6 ¼" (159mm) hole size at depths under 1000m.
- Hydro or hydro mechanical latching depending on formation characteristics
- QuickSeat jam detection prevents milling of the core and ensures high recovery rates
- Short wait time between cores